Chickpea Tikka Masala
For Chickpea Tikka-
- 2 cup boiled Chickpeas
- Three finely minced Garlic cloves
- ½” finely minced Ginger
- ¾ tbsp Garam masala
- ½ tbsp red Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tbsp Canola oil (or any cooking oil)
- Salt (as per taste)
For Tikka Masala Sauce-
- Two roughly cut small Onion
- Three medium Tomatoes cut in 6 pieces
- Three whole Garlic cloves
- ½” roughly cut Ginger
- Two green Chillies cut in two pieces
- ¼ cup raw Cashews
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 1/3 tbsp red Chilli powder
- ½ tbsp Turmeric powder
- Salt (as per taste)
- 2 tbsp Canola oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 ½ cup water
- Cilantro (for garnishing)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients listed under Chickpea Tikka above.
- Mix the ingredients well to spread all the spices evenly.
- Spread these chickpeas evenly on a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake the chickpeas in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, using a spatula stir them and again continue baking for ten more minutes.
Tikka Masala Sauce
- In a frying pan or skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil.
- To this, add whole garlic cloves, ginger and onion. Cook the onions for 3-4 minutes, until they become translucent.
- Then add tomatoes, green chillies and cashews and mix up all together.
- Using up a lid, cover the pan for 4-5 minutes, until tomatoes soften and give sauce-like consistency.
- Once tomatoes soften, turn off the flame and let the mixture cool.
- After cooling, transfer this mixture to a blending jar and add 1/4 cup water and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan on low heat and turn in a blended tomato mixture and bring it to boil.
- Once the mixture’s colour seemed to change, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes until the colour of puree turns light golden-brown.
- After 5 minutes, throw in chickpeas, garam masala, 1¼ cup water, and mix well.
- Let the sauce cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes, covered with the lid.
- Finally, garnish it with cilantro and serve warm with naan bread or rice.