- 1 ½ cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp canola oil
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1 tbsp carom seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- Five boiled potatoes (mashed)
- ¼ cup boiled peas
- ¼ cup chopped carrot (optional)
- Two chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- Canola oil (for frying) – or any oil you prefer
- Dry roast cumin seeds, fennel seeds and coriander seeds on Tava top. Grind all roasted spices to form a coarse powder.
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp canola oil followed by mashed potatoes. Now add salt as per taste, freshly grounded spice mix, green chillies and ginger. Mix all together to distribute salt and spices evenly.
- Add peas and chopped carrot to the pan with potatoes. Mix well.
- Keep it aside for cooling.
- In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, ½ tbsp salt, carom seeds and oil.
- Blend the flour well with material added.
- Now add water little by little and knead to form a soft dough.
- In a small bowl, add 1 tbsp all-purpose flour and 2 tbsp water.
- Mix it well to form a smooth paste.
- Divide the dough into eight portions.
- Flatten one part with the help of a rolling pin. Cut it into the half with the help of a knife from the centre into two equal semi-circles.
- Fold one semi-circle from a corner and bring it to the centre as shown.
- Apply the sealing paste. Bring the other corner on the top of first and press it with fingertips to form a triangle pocket.
- Fill this pocket with 2 -3 tbsp of potato mixture. Apply sealing paste on the top opening and seal it.
- Repeat step 5-8 with remaining dough.
- In a big pan, add enough oil for deep frying.
- On a medium-high flame, when oil is warm enough, throw in samosas. Leave some space in between samosas; do not overcrowd the frying pan.
- Flip it to either side till it turns nice and golden in colour.
- Serve Hot! Enjoy with tamarind sauce or chickpea sauce.