- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups flour (185 g)
- ½ cup refined coconut oil (120 g)/ vegan butter, melted
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 oz vegan semi-sweet chocolate (115 g), chunks
- 4 oz vegan dark chocolate (115 g), chunks
- In a bowl, pour oil, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, and both sugar. Blend till all sugar is dissolved and the batter is smooth.
- Sift in flour, salt and baking powder and mix well with a spatula.
- Throw in chocolate-chips evenly and mix it.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes. Freezing will allow butter to come together and will ease making portions.
- After 30 minutes, scoop the dough with an ice cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet (or non-stick baking tray). Be sure to leave at least 2 inches of space between cookies and the edges of the pan so cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (350°F / 180°C) for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies begin to turn light brown on sides.
- Let cookies sit on the baking tray until it cools. This waiting time will allow cookies to flatten.
Enjoy fresh and soft cookies!